Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Camera Love

Beginning of September Matt asked me what I wanted for gifts this year. See I go Anniversary in October, my birthday in November, and Christmas in December. Basically I get spoiled for 3 months and then denied for 9, some years it is traumatic. I told him I wanted a nice camera. He thought it was kind of weird, but started to research and was all into it. Before I knew it, it was Matt's baby and his final decision :) (I say that with love). I was leaning towards a Nikon and he picked a Sony. I loved them both and Sony is fun to play with. We have had lots of fun with it. We were planning on taking a Thanksgiving trip to Washington D.C., but because we have sweet luck, my car got T-boned and totaled. So I didn't get to complete my purchase on Expedia for our trip and instead we had to buy a new car. I love my car, but I REALLY wanted to go to D.C. and use my fancy new camera!


Matt's Senior Picture

We visited Calvary Cemetery in Sioux City since we were waiting for Pizza we ordered at our nearby family favorite El Fredo's. Just stopped and said hi to Molly, Luke, and Grandma and Grandpa, and it was a great place to play with settings on our camera, I love a good cemetery.





Here we are in our Car Commercial Shoot!


Needless to say I love my new camera. Matt loves it to. We find ourselves fighting over it and we both think we are the one that runs the camera better. We are a couple of Don Knop's up in here.

We were back in Algona last weekend with all of Matt's family. Matt's dad has been sick for a few months and we have found out he has Pancreatic Cancer. This has been a very difficult matter for all of us. Mike will meet with Doctors at Mayo and we are hoping for some treatments to alleviate his symptoms. Things have been pretty rough for us since we got this news and a good old fashioned weekend at home was what we needed. We did yardwork (well Matt, Jo and Chris did) and cleaned (well Jo and Jessie) did, and ate and drank (I did). As with other Kajewski events there was a group sporting event. This time Football. I sat out to document and take pictures with our camera.






Matt is a little too Intense here!


Hailey and Nolan! I love this picture. Good Sibling Love


Jo and Whitney


Mike and Abrym

Hope you enjoyed our update. The football game was a success and there wasn't any broken bones. I am not looking forward to Thanksgiving or Christmas. Chris gets brutal on the court or field. Two sports bras are definitely needed if you are playing with this crowd! Happy Halloween to all you Spooks!

6 comments:

Libba said...

Great photos with your new camera, Ms. Knop. I especially love the backlit ones of the siblings playing football! Again, I am so sorry to hear about Mr. Knop's dad. Please give him a big hug from the Souths in Alabama, and a wet slobbery kiss from the golden girls.

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear the news about Matt's dad. That's really tough.
I'm glad you got the family time in.
And fabulous first photos!

Katie said...

Sorry to hear about Matt's Dad! Hopefully he will start feeling better soon! Glad you love your new ride..I was hoping mine could make another 205k!Great fall pics!

Darcy said...

also very sorry to hear about matt's dad. you are all in our thoughts and prayers. washington dc is nice but i think you should come to nyc instead!! new cars are good too!

hang in there!

KelseyB said...

Boo for totaled car.
Yahoo for new camera!

Sorry to hear about Matt's dad. Hopefully the physcians can find a good plan for relief. The holiday season will be very special for your family.

Will we see you in H-town for Thanksgiving??

elizabeth said...

hey girl---again sending lots of love and prayers your way regarding matts dad. hope to see you guys over the holiday...xo