So where should this post start.. I know. Before I post pics and reminisce about the last few months, what the F is up with blogger. I lost my background, I wasted two hours last week trying to fix it and I am getting really aggravated. When I put in the code where it is suppose to go in order to change the background nothing happens?!! So frustrating! Any Tips would be great.
We had some great weekends at the lake and Luke and Lilly are so much fun this year. They both love the water. You ask Lillian if she wants to go to the lake, and in two seconds she reappears in her suit, all LETS GO NOW!!
Lillian and Luke
Lily and Luke Both Love Jem, or as Lily calls her "Jemmers." And like Jem, Luke wants to play fetch with Thaddeus
We also made a a trip back to Algona. I love that town. I tell Matt all the time I would move there in a heartbeat. It is just adorable, everything is nice and they have Hy-Vee, Fareway, a sweet public pool and pizza hut. I mean seriously, what else do you need? (I know pronto... but they do have Kum & Go, does that count?)
We attended The yearly summer celebration called Founder's Day and partied like rockstars..
Matt and I and Jessie and Blaine
Matt even grew back some of his old hair he had so much fun...
One of my best moments of the summer was taking Haily and Nolan (Jessie and Blaine's Kids, Matt's sister) to the pool. I love love love the water. And because Matt is married to me, he now loves the water too. (that's how it works right?) We hit up the deep end with the kids and I found out Nolan didn't know how to dive. So I made sure we fixed that. With a good teacher and an even better student, Nolan was a Diver! He was such a stud! I was glad I could teach him something useful, because earlier in the day we golfed and I may have taught him ways to use the F word in ways he couldn't even imagine... Aunt of the year! (sidenote: I was killing on the course that day, beating Matt by 3 strokes after 5 holes and I blew it, Big time!)
And we are progressing...
On to Nobles Wedding... my neighbor Matt got married on a hot, hot, hot day in July!! It was a killer party and I was able to meet up with my Holstein Girls.
Me, Mama Em, Mama D and Blenner
The best part of the wedding had to be getting the Whitmer to do the Humpty Dance.. let me rephrase that.. Jamie loves the Humpty Dance. Any wedding, party, DJ, or Jock Jams IV CD that has the Humpty Dance on it, the Whitmer will move chairs, old people, and babies to clear dancing space... For those of you who have not gotten to see this in person Enjoy...
Matt and I also got to play in a golf tournament in Holstein and we dominated. We got 2nd in the First Flight, I think anyway? We figured out take my Drive, cause it is straight and down the middle, Matt puts it on the green, and I putt that shiz for dough... $50.00 to be exact. And after paying our bar tab I walked away with $8.00.. and that my friends is what I call success!
The Whitmers by their "Hole"
Matt and Jamie being "Men", that is what Matt calls it...
So now that I have had a major blowout blog post, I hope you will all forgive me. I still have things to post about, and I wanted to save some of them... Plus I want to watch my DVR of Teen Mom before I get too tired... That damn Amber needs to give Gary a break.. what a biz.. so basically I am back bloggers. I just really wish someone could fix my background :(
8 comments:
Wondered where the heck you had been! Sounds like our summer;it never stops. Enjoy keeping up with you guys.
Michaele
Ah Maureen. I want you to move to Asheville so you can golf and hang out with me. I mean, we need hot lady lawyers here like no one's biz... These southern rednecks be crazy.
Glad your back and enjoyed your massive posts...now quitting waiting so long in between! Come on I have 5 kids, work Part-time, and I stay up all hours of the night so my fellow bloggers aren't left in the dark!!!
eckler... you do crack.. none of us know how you have 5 kids, work part time and blog.....that must be the only way you do it.
so happy you are back! really do enjoy your posts. tell us more, show us more! i miss omaha and council bluffs...help me relive it vicariously through your blog!!!
cracking up that Luke puts the animal in his mouth:)
Yea for a Mo purge post!
That caught us up- now keep it up.
Um...I act the same way about the Humpty Dance...know every word, and love to perform it.
Post a Comment