We haven't taken the classes through the hospital, we haven't toured the maternity unit, we haven't changed our lifestyle one bit, except Matt is the only one who can have the occasional cocktail. I went to Babies R Us this week to do some research on crib mattresses, something I said I would do about 20 weeks ago, but I am just getting to. Wandering through Babies R Us, I realized that I have been a tad checked out the last 37 weeks. And then when I realize I have been really laid back, part of me is proud that I haven't become one of those self-righteous pregnant women who thinks the world revolves their pregnancy, and the other part of me thinks they have started a CPS report on me already... Don't get me wrong, I am excited, I know we will be fine, and I know that when it is all over, I won't be able to imagine my life without Baby K, but right now the whole concept seems so foreign. Plus I think my fear of labor, needles, blood, fluids, and ripped assholes is playing a huge part in my overwhelming fear and anxiety.
Not to mention that Baby K has already been pretty awesome. I didn't have to deal with a ton of morning sickness, just a feeling that I was hungover for a few weeks in the morning, but really, I am well aware of how to handle a hangover. I mean that is kind of how I have spent the last decade. I was able to spin until about 23 weeks. I have continued my walks through Elmwood, and I don't have cankles, or swollen extremities or a pregnancy fat face. Besides the few weeks with horrible constipation and some back pain, I have sailed pretty easily through this thing, which also makes me think that labor will be my demise, or I will have a baby that is uncooperative out of the womb, or both.
Already Stealing Baby K's blanket
So I guess that is it, we are in a waiting game. I don't think Baby K is coming before its July 3rd due date, and Matt really wants a 4th of July baby, but I remind him it didn't work out too well for Tom Cruise in that movie Born on the 4th of July, so we'll see. I am keeping busy with my daily doses of denial, work, and celebrity gossip. This Saturday is the "We are having a baby, so lets get our god damn shit together, Saturday." We are planning on actually visiting the hospital we are delivering in, washing the onesises, bottles, and organizing the stuff we have. We are also going to go buy a mattress for our crib and get it ready. I know Baby K won't need it for awhile, but it will just make me feel like less of a WT mom. We are also going to clean our car and possibly put in the car-seat. Not that we really need to, but if we don't, Matt will be ripping the cardboard box of the car-seat when we should probably be heading to the hospital. So I might drive around for a week or two with a car seat and no baby, and that is going to be awkward. But I figured if I really wanted to screw with the public I should take it into Target and the grocery store and really see how people react....haha... that sounds awesome.. So pray for us Bloggers, because we are going to need it. Enjoy some pictures from my adventures in pregnancy!
Sexy and I know it
Cosgrove Fam at my Cousin Molly's wedding!
Kajewski's at Matt's Cousin Abby's wedding!
Class of 2002 10 year Reunion! We had about almost half show up, but always wish more would have came!
My G-H Girls: Jami, Em, Em, Me, Darc
Brock (darc's wonderful hubby) Darc, and Em
Class of 2002 Trivia Game (P.S. this was awesome and my husband who isn't from Holstein and graduated in 1997 from Algona City High and James D class of GH 1998, had a blast shouting out answers, it was a riot! Gotta love small towns!)
Em super excited we got an answer right! ( Answer was Rob Hare, a classmate, but I don't remember the ?)
Jami and I! Just as cute as when we were 5!
Class of 2002 10 year Reunion! We had about almost half show up, but always wish more would have came!
My G-H Girls: Jami, Em, Em, Me, Darc
Brock (darc's wonderful hubby) Darc, and Em
Class of 2002 Trivia Game (P.S. this was awesome and my husband who isn't from Holstein and graduated in 1997 from Algona City High and James D class of GH 1998, had a blast shouting out answers, it was a riot! Gotta love small towns!)
Em super excited we got an answer right! ( Answer was Rob Hare, a classmate, but I don't remember the ?)
Jami and I! Just as cute as when we were 5!
Last but not least, our master of ceremonies, Scott Charles Breyfogle, he did a great job as MC of our ceremonies!
5 comments:
You look awesome, Maureen! And I am secretly proud of you that you have been able to stay so laid back throughout this whole thing, because it can start to consume you. Did you see the video I posted on my blog called "Pregnant Women are Smug" ? You should watch it, it is hilarious.
yaaaaaayyyy maureen. d-day is looming. good stuff. you'll be fine. you will. once you slip on that ultra-sexy hospital gown & settle into your ultra chic delivery bed & things start getting REAL...some crazy mama strength & ease will take over! i cannot wait to meet baby k! good luck lady =)
Oh I SO remember having the same thoughts while pregnant with Taylor... Like, this is fun and all, but this baby has to come out of me somehow. And, yes, it hurts. But you're one tough lady, Mo. You're gonna be awesome and I cannot wait to hear all about it!
Boom, shaka-rocka!!
Brooke said it! The real baby thing is looming. Oh dear....the stork really isn't dropping it off!! CRAP! ....and it hurts, and you will scream at your husband (like you are supposed to) and you are supposed to swear (my mom heard me all the way down the hall!) and it's the most difficult but satifying workout you will EVER have. And...when it's all done....it will be like a runners high where you're all, like,...yeah, I could'a done one more mile.
You look and sound fantastic!! Good luck with everything. You have been on my mind. Only a few days left. I hope your mother keeps us all in the loop. Where the hell are you registered?? Your mother said Target but I can't find you. Also, since you refuse to find out what it is--or tell anyone--I am not sure what to get you!! I hate green and yellow so I may just wait for the big arrival. Or I'll just go have fun at Home Goods and buy you stuff that I like instead of stuff that you like! Yea, that's sounding more appealing!! Really good luck and Godspeed!!
Post a Comment