Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Weekends

We have had a lot of busy weekends around here. This weekend was our first weekend home or without visitors since Riley's graduation. We will be starting up another 4 week stint of running around this next weekend, so we enjoyed our down time. I am so tired that I don't really have any funny commentary. Driving to the lake is a huge pain in the arse. Since I-29 is closed for a good stretch out of Omaha, we have to take back roads and so it is not fun. It will be like this for quite a few months, so we are holding our breath that the flooding doesn't get any worse! Well here is a review of a couple of our activities.

A couple of weeks ago Matt and I headed to the lake for the first time. It was just the Kajewski's and Debbie and T.C. We hit the links, checked out the Dam, and cruised in the boat.


Golf League


My Favorite Hole at the Crofton Golf Course


Debbie on the Boat


First One in of the Season, as usual.. Matt did say it was quite colder this year!

As I am sure many of you have read the Gavin's Point Dam has been open for a few weeks and is suppose to be open a few more months. We headed over to the Dam to check it out. In the 7 years we have had the cabin we have seen one or two gates open for only a week or two, but now all 14 gates are wide open.. Unfortunately this has created horrible flooding for Sioux City, Omaha, Southern Iowa, and Missouri..



Last weekend the Whitmer's were here to visit the Zoo. I have not been to the Omaha zoo in over 10 years. It was a lot of fun, but our legs killed by the end of the night. Poor Lillian looked drunk when we put her in her car seat. We saw lots of cool stuff, but Luke was in LOVE with the train.. Every time we asked him what he wanted to do next he would say, "Ride the choo-choo again!"


Matt and Lillian Swinging


Ice Cream!




Whitmer's Before the 6 hours at the zoo


Matt and Luke Checking out the Zoo


The Train!


Luke and Lilly by a huge turtle.. But it is hard to take Luke's Picture, because the moment you take it he runs towards you and says, see, see! As in, he wants to see the picture..haha!


Gorilla Sleeping on the Bubble above my head... he was not impressed with any of us!


Lillian on the Elephant


And Matt on the elephant...


Whitmer's after the Zoo


Lillian all Zoo-ed Out



I am proud my crappy digital camera took such a neat picture. This is the picture Lillian and I took standing on the Bridge at Elmwood Park here in Omaha.. we are such pros!

So that is a run down of our weekends.. I have no funny jokes, stories, or commentaries...I was either too drunk all those weekends, or I am just too tired. Probably a combination of both.. This weekend I will be with all Cosgrove's at the Lake for the 4th so I am sure there will be some stupid and silly stuff that will be said and that we will do. I will totally report back. Hopefully we can finally get Lillian to enjoy the fireworks instead of sitting inside and screaming her head off and yelling at us to knock it off and lecturing us that we are going to hurt ourselves.....her mother does the same thing, it is so annoying..

Have a good 4th Bloggers!

4 comments:

Meghann Whitmer said...

My legs still hurt from the zoo!

Katie said...

Thanks for the update...can't wait to see you guys in person!

Darcy said...

I miss Omaha!! The zoo, Rosenblatt, the Old Market, Howard's!!!! We'll have to come visit sometime. Actually, some are trying to round up the Thornton's for a reunion. I am game as I have been trying to do this for a decade. I will go wherever, whenever but am waiting to hear what everyone else wants to do! I am hoping for the Midwest..I hear Okoboji is in the running. I know you think that is old school but it still has a lot of sentimental value for a lot of us. We'll see. Hope all is well. You guys look great! Well actually lots of pictures of Matt...we want to see more of you!

Libba said...

I love that zoo SO much! And the last paragraph about the firework police cracked me up! Stay dry with all that flooding, I've been worrying about y'all.